In the past hour...
- 1,667 children under the age of five died from malnutrition and vaccine-preventable diseases
- 1,625 children were forced to live on the streets by the death or abuse of an adult
- 600 children died from starvation
- 257 children were orphaned because of HIV/AIDS
- 115 children became prostitutes
- 66 children under 15 were infected with HIV
Eyes Wide Open International is a non-profit that activates, mobilizes, and encourages people to join us and work alongside local and global partners in providing relief to those in the midst of crisis and human suffering. Our specific thrust will be towards those in the greatest need – widows and orphans.